The Student News Site of The Potomac School

The Potomac Current

McLean, Virginia

The Potomac Current

McLean, Virginia

The Potomac Current

McLean, Virginia
Recent Results
Select a Sport
The Potomac School
10
VISAA Quarterfinals - Saint Gertrude
0
May 13 / Varsity Softball
The Potomac School
10
ISL Finals - Georgetown Visitation
0
May 11 / Varsity Softball
The Potomac School
5
ISL Semifinals - NCS
3
May 10 / Varsity Softball
The Potomac School
12
ISL Quarterfinals
0
May 8 / Varsity Softball
The Potomac School
3
Paul VI
0
May 2 / Varsity Softball
The Potomac School
9
Flint Hill
0
Apr 30 / Varsity Softball
The Potomac School
10
Jackson-Reed
0
Apr 26 / Varsity Softball

JV Volleyball Dominates Madeira After Losing a Tight Game to Episcopal

Addie+Wolff+prepares+to+spike+a+ball+
Trevor Nelson
Addie Wolff prepares to spike a ball

This Tuesday, October 12 and Wednesday, October 13, Potomac’s JV volleyball team faced off against Episcopal and Madeira at Spangler. Despite great effort, Potomac lost a tight game to Episcopal, but was able to show off their skill against the Madeira team.

In the match against Episcopal, Episcopal was able to score the first 3 points before Potomac’s Addie Wolff ‘26 sent serve after serve flying over the net, scoring 17 points in a row for Potomac. Episcopal wasn’t able to recover and the first set ended 25-11. In the second set, Potomac and Episcopal went back and forth, each scoring a point one after the other. However, Episcopal pulled ahead and the Panthers lost the second set 21-25. In the final set, the Panthers tried their best and they made many great sets, bumps, and spikes. However, Episcopal beat them 9-15 in the final set, ending the game with Potomac getting one set and Episcopal getting two.

In the match against Madeira the next day, Potomac turned the tide and dominated the Snails. The Panthers played remarkably well, keeping a five point lead on Madeira at all times. Addie Wolff made many great spikes, scoring multiple points for the Panthers causing the first set to end 25-16. In the second set, the Panthers remained superior with the team making many great spikes and dives. The second set ended 25-11 resulting in Potomac winning the game.