The Student News Site of The Potomac School

The Potomac Current

McLean, Virginia

The Potomac Current

McLean, Virginia

The Potomac Current

McLean, Virginia
Recent Results
Select a Sport
The Potomac School
6
SSSA
12
Apr 16 / Varsity Girls Lacrosse
The Potomac School
6
Paul VI
3
Apr 12 / Varsity Boys Tennis
The Potomac School
7
Bishop O'Connell
3
Apr 12 / Varsity Baseball
The Potomac School
17
Maret
4
Apr 11 / Varsity Baseball
The Potomac School
15
St. Andrews Episcopal
0
Apr 11 / Varsity Softball
The Potomac School
6
Georgetown Visitation
8
Apr 9 / Varsity Girls Lacrosse
The Potomac School
10
Holton-Arms
0
Apr 9 / Varsity Softball

I’m Supposed to be Where?? When???

Our intrepid staff writer is leaning into his confusion
Josh Reinecke
Students in the math hallway help each other figure out where they’re suupposed to be.

Unlike everyone else I talk to, I’m loving the new schedule. I’d place it in the top 3 of the 15 we’ve had in the last 4 years. The hallways are buzzing with excitement as people try to figure out where they need to go. I for one hate predictability and love the surprise of walking into a classroom and finding that I’m in the wrong place, but this new class is more interesting than the one I was supposed to be in. I always thought that the only thing missing in school was the thrill of uncertainty. All 27 different days on the schedule have unique qualities that make them stand out from the rest. To know what I’m doing tomorrow, I just need to spend a few hours studying the schedule during conference block, which gives me something to do in conference block, a huge win.

With all these new and exciting days, there are bound to be some standouts, so the staff has compiled a few of our favorites. Day 18 is definitely one of the most interesting, with lunch at 8:15 AM, which seems early but is better than Day 13 when lunch follows 5 or 6 long block classes, depending on the week. Another fan favorite is Day 16, where there isn’t lunch at all so as to make time for 4 assemblies, 3 community moments, etc. These are just the start! The teachers seem to be excited for Day 3.5, when it’s just F block the whole day. One teacher said “F block has always needed more acknowledgement in the curriculum. Students need to understand that, while they may not need the actual content, and F, along with B, C, and D are letters that have otherwise disappeared from our school, the skills they develop by going to F block will certainly help them grow as people.”

Many of you are probably wondering how the school’s consultants possibly come up with this amazing new schedule? The answer is fairly simple: they probably follow no schedule at all! If the geniuses behind this year’s schedule were actually following the schedule, they’d be too busy figuring out what day of the week it is to have come up with it in the first place! This is a common theme in our government: our leaders don’t have a life that’s at all similar to the average person, putting them in the perfect position to make decisions for everyone else.

All in all, the new schedule is a masterpiece. The new system gives Potomac yet another leg up on other schools. We highly recommend implementing a schedule like this into your life outside of school, so you never have to settle into complacency. This year is bound to be our most thrilling one yet!