Potomac’s Seniors and Juniors turn out for a fun Prom

Aidan Cullinan

Ms. Salamone’s advisory poses on the Congressional Country Club’s terrace.

Ella Adamec, Photography Editor

Potomac’s prom took place at Congressional Country club in Bethesda on Saturday, April 30. The week leading up to the event included much anticipation, especially the many extravagant promposals. Juniors and seniors enjoyed the Alice in Wonderland themed night, which included photos on the terrace, fire pits, food, music, and dancing. 

There was some grumbling over the $110 tickets, much more expensive than those for homecoming in October. A late departure kept students at the venue from 5pm-10pm, a long night to spend dancing to unpopular music from the DJ. But the upperclassmen ultimately enjoyed the time spent with their friends in the perfect weather. “The area for hanging out and taking pictures was really pretty and it happened to be a really nice day,” junior Max Revis said. 

The student events committee (SEC) worked closely with Mr. Westermann to plan the night. While Mr. Westermann organized the bulk of the event, such as the venue and the DJ, SEC ordered decorations and had input on the food served at dinner. “We didn’t have the venue for awhile, so everything had to be last minute,” junior Maya Davis, a member of the SEC, said. “It all came together kind of weird, but I think it worked.”

“It was such a wonderful chance for everyone to get dressed up and have fun together,” Spanish teacher and chaperone,Mrs. Salamone said. “It was a really fun opportunity to see the students outside of the normal setting!” 

Senior Destiny Attagba, recalled her prom experience this year in comparison to the Murder Mystery Event at Spangler last spring.  Last year, “It was hard to get into it since not everybody was into it. But this year it was a lot better, and the fact that it was at Congressional made it really fun.” 

Despite the shortcomings, prom this year was a success, allowing the upperclassmen to spend time together before the senior class departs in early June.