Remembering the top 10 best moments of Potomac athletics (2019-2020)
April 30, 2020
- Boys varsity soccer wins the MAC in penalty shootout.
After 80 minutes of regular time and 20 minutes of overtime, boys varsity soccer won the MAC tournament in the 7th round of penalty kicks.
- Boys varsity basketball beats Flint Hill.
The boys varsity basketball beat Flint Hill for the first time in four years.
- Girls varsity tennis wins State and are ISL AA co-champions.
Beating St. Catherines in a 5-4 thriller, the girls varsity tennis team won their first ever State Championship.
- Girls varsity volleyball crowned ISL A Regular Season and Tournament Champions for the first time in school history.
With a 3-1 win over NCS to win the ISL A Tournament, the girls varsity volleyball program, in its first couple years, captured its first banners and has many signs of a bright future.
- Girls varsity soccer wins the NOVA Invitational Tournament.
Girls varsity soccer brought home silverware in a narrow 1-0 win against St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes School
- Boy varsity golf wins first ever MAC Championship.
After a strong 9-1 season boys varsity golf won its first ever MAC championship in school history.
- Boys basketball comeback win vs. Sidwell Friends.
Down 29 to 36 going into the fourth quarter, a clutch three and game winning free throws with seconds left on the clock by senior JT Tyson completed a 21 point fourth quarter to cap off.
- Girls and boys varsity basketball annual Tip-off tournament.
Both boys and girls varsity basketball competed in front of the packed students section to begin the winter season.
- Senior Moriah Mcdonald declared Tennis All-State Player of the Year.
After an amazing season as #1 singles Moriah Mcdonald is crowned All-State player of the year.
- The opening of the new Spangler Athletic Center.
On November 26th, 2019 the Spangler Athletic Center was opened to the public, ushering in a new era for Potomac School sports.